Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Two Chronic Illness Vlogs: Crashes and Improvements (and Crashes)


I'm now in week 8 of this severe relapse of my ME/CFS and still unsure what is going on behind the scenes with my immune system. It is very, very unusual for me to be this sick for this long. So, I am still unable to write much (or sit up much). But I have continued recording weekly vlogs. These are short video clips from each day (often lying down!), for an honest view of my life: the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have two here to catch up on:

Chronic Illness Vlog 9-25-22: Still Badly Crashed ... But an Outing!

Two weeks ago was a Very Bad Week. I was flat on my back on the couch (or in bed) every single day and wracked with severe flu-like aches constantly. I watched a lot of old Grey's Anatomy episodes. By the weekend, I was no better but was determined to get out of the house and out of my rut. You can watch the vlog on YouTube, or I will also include it below: 


Chronic Illness Vlog 10-2-22: Starting to See Improvements!

Last week was considerably better for me, though still nowhere near my normal functionality. But I was able to get out of the house at least briefly every day - what a thrill! I even got out for a special occasion on Friday. It was a pretty good week, compared to being couchbound for the previous three weeks. But then--you guessed it!--I did too much on Sunday (at the end of the video), so I have been back on the couch Monday and Tuesday of this week. Today was especially bad. You can watch the vlog on YouTube, or I will also include it below:


 

So, that brings you up to date! I am nearly flat as a type this brief post (and typing very badly). We have rebooked this week's camping trip three times already, due to bad weather, and plan to head out tomorrow afternoon for a couple of days at a local state park. Wish me luck!

No comments: