Saturday, August 28, 2010

Quote It Saturday 8/28

 Thank goodness it's finally the weekend!  This week was unbelievably hectic and exhausting, with an overstuffed schedule of doctor's appointments, haircuts, errands, blood tests, plus lots and lots of running the kids here and there and starting to teach Jamie to drive!  It was our last week of summer vacation for the kids, but I had to get up at 7 am three days in a row.  It will be so quiet and relaxing when school starts next week.

So, by late Friday afternoon, when I felt completely exhausted and overwhelmed, I was reminded of this quote:


"By the time we arrived, as evening was approaching, I felt as sore as a rock must feel when the waterfall has pounded on it all day long"
          - Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Goldman

Isn't that a perfect CFS quote??  It's also another example of the beautiful and metaphorical language in Memoirs of a Geisha which I recently read and thoroughly enjoyed (you can read my mini review on Goodreads).

Hope you're having a nice and relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Yes it is, perfect.