Saturday, August 27, 2022

Sick Lessons Podcast Interviews Me


At the beginning of the summer, I wrote here about a brand-new chronic illness podcast, Sick Lessons, hosted by my online friend, Sheryl Chan, of the A Chronic Voice blog.

Sheryl's latest episode features an interview with. ... me! We talked about living with chronic illness, my family's journey the past 20 years, lessons I have learned, how to cope, and much more. Best of all, we had a lot of fun, and that comes across in the video, as there is a lot of laughing! Sheryl and I have interacted with each other online for many years, on social media, as chronic illness bloggers, and as fans of each other's blogs, and as you'll see in the video, we had a blast finally getting to chat "in person." And this was no small feat, since we live on opposite sides of the world and are exactly 12 hours apart.

You can watch/listen to the episode on the Sick Lessons website, on YouTube, or I will include the video here in this post. If you prefer to read, Sheryl has provided a full transcript, both on her website and on YouTube (at the above links).


I hope you enjoy watching/listening to the interview as much as I enjoyed talking with Sheryl. In fact, one of the things we talk about in this episode is how powerful and encouraging it is to connect with someone else living with chronic illness.

Tell me about YOUR experiences with chronic illness. 

Could you relate to the things Sheryl and I talk about here? 

What lessons have you learned from your life with chronic illness?

No comments: