Thursday, January 04, 2024

Join Me to Notice & Enjoy Nature More in 2024!


In 2023, I created #sky365 to use on social media, and I posted a photo of the sky (almost) every day. Last year was a rough one for me health-wise, but this very simple habit helped me to get outside at least once a day, reminded me to look up, and inspired me to find beauty and joy, even on my worst days.

This year, I am using #nature365 for the same reasons, and I would love for you to join me! You don't have to be a great photographer. The idea is simply to snap a quick photo each day of anything in the natural world: a tree, flowers, birds, or yes, the sky! Then share it on social media using #nature365, so the rest of us can enjoy it, too. Even photos taken from your window--or even of a houseplant--count. It's very flexible, but the purpose is to help us all pay more attention to the outside world and notice and appreciate nature wherever we find it.

Research shows that nature has amazing positive effects on both our physical and mental health, even with just 5 minutes of time or even just looking at pictures of nature. I explain all this in more detail and provide lots of easy tips for enjoying nature, even when you are severely limited, in my book and in this video, Get Out! Nature Improves Health.

So join me and post your #nature365 pics!

You can connect with me on Facebook and Twitter, where I will try to post a nature photo everyday, and you can reply with your own. 

Or post on whatever social media platform you prefer (I am determined to finally get on Instagram this year)

In the meantime, here are a few of my favorite #sky365 photos from last year - remember even just looking at these photos improves your health! Click on them to enlarge:







No comments: