Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Video: My First Month on the Carnivore Diet


Lots of people have been asking me about the new carnivore diet I began on January 2 (with a gradual move toward it in the two weeks before that). This has helped me to finally get chronic yeast/candida overgrowth (often a part of ME/CFS) under control, which has resulted in huge improvements for me. My immune symptoms (flu-like aches and exhaustion) cleared up and my energy has been really good for most of the past month (with a few rundown days this past week but today was better).

As I explain in the video, I am not a medical professional and am not recommending other people do this. I'm just trying to share my experiences and what I've learned so far, so you and your doctor can make informed decisions, based on your own medical needs.

In this video, I explain what a carnivore diet is & why I'm trying it, why it's supposed to be helpful for those with immune disorders, what we eat, and my results so far (spoiler: great!), with explanation of alternatives like Paleo & Keto. You can watch the video on YouTube or here:



If you watch it here, I will include the list of notes & links (that I mention in the video) that are below the video on YouTube:

Chronic Illness Vlog 1-8-24: Much Better! The Diet That's Helping

A good place to start on improving diet and helping yeast overgrowth is a Paleo diet. This post explains what it is, the modified Paleo diet we were eating, and how it helped us (note that if I'd stuck to strict Paleo, without the modifications, I might not have gotten as bad as I did!).

 Beginner's Guide to Keto Diet

Effective Treatments for Yeast Overgrowth/Candida

Orthostatic Intolerance (OI) in ME/CFS, Long-COVID, Lyme, and other illnesses

OI video

Harvard Carnivore Diet Study

Article I mentioned on Anti-Candida Diet

Diagnosing and Treating Thyroid Dysfunction


Let me know if you have any questions.

Have you found any special diet that helps with your chronic illness?

Please leave a comment below.

You can also connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: